“It was my first time being put to sleep for any procedure, and I normally would have been scared to death. However, Dr. John and Dr. Greenfield’s staff made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. The entire procedure went very quickly and efficiently. I am absolutely amazed that I felt very minimal pain over my recovery period. (I wouldn’t even mind doing it again!) Dr. Carolyn John is an amazing oral surgeon! I have already recommended her to several people looking to have their wisdom teeth removed. If anyone out there is reading this and worried about extractions, come to Dr. Greenfield’s office! You will not be disappointed!”
– Lake Orion Family Dentistry Patient Ally Jones
Easing Your Mind in the Dental Chair
Fear of the dentist and dental work is among the top 10 fears of people in the United States. If you suffer from dental phobia, we know that even thinking about calling the dentist to reserve an appointment can be intimidating, but we also know that, if the thought of taking a seat in the dental chair leaves you anxious, upset, or light-headed, it’s likely that you’re not receiving the oral care you need to live a healthy, high-quality life.
Lake Orion family and sedation dentist Dr. Brad Greenfield and our team want to help you maintain a healthy smile for life while you maintain peace of mind throughout each and every appointment you have in our state-of-the-art dental office. With nitrous oxide (laughing gas), oral sedation, or IV sedation, you can remain confident, comfortable, and at ease each time you’re in the dental chair.
Sedation Dentistry Frequently Asked Questions
- I haven’t been to a dentist in years because they really stress me out! How can I overcome this fear? Dental fear is a real and potentially debilitating condition. It can keep you from the care you need for oral and overall health. Dr. Greenfield offers three levels of sedation provided by a licensed anesthesiologist right here in our office.
- If I choose sedation dentistry, will I be unconscious? No, oral and IV sedation will allow you to enter a state of deep relaxation, but you can respond to our requests the entire time. General anesthesia (going to “sleep”) is possible with IV sedation, but Dr. Greenfield will assess your needs before administering it.
- Will someone be watching me while I’m sedated? Absolutely! A member of our highly trained dental team will monitor your vital signs, comfort, and needs throughout your procedure.
- Is sedation dentistry safe for me? Before recommending sedation dentistry, Dr. Greenfield will review your complete medical history to determine if it’s a wise option and if it will provide you with the results you need.
If you think that sedation dentistry may help you relax and obtain the dental care you need, we invite you to call Lake Orion Family Dentistry at (248) 693-6213 to reserve a consultation appointment with Dr. Greenfield.