Dental crowns are custom restorations that fully cover tooth structure above the gumline. They are used to treat problems that dental fillings and more conservative cosmetic restorations cannot effectively address.
Many dental offices place temporary crowns after an initial visit and make patients wait for their permanent one to be made. Our Lake Orion, MI dental office can have your tooth restored in just one visit, as we have CEREC technology in-house that produces our crowns without that frustrating delay.
Crowns Made By Third Party Labs
- Two appointments required
- You receive a temporary crown, which can be uncomfortable
- Made with different material types, including less attractive metal substances
- May require use of an uncomfortable plaster bite mold
Crowns Made With CEREC Technology
- Treatment completed in just one visit!
- You will not need to rely on a temporary crown
- Made with a dental ceramic that can match your tooth color
- Digital tools make impressions easier and more comfortable to capture
Receiving Your CEREC Crown
- Digital scans of your tooth are captured
- A crown is digitally designed to fit comfortably over the tooth and maintain a natural appearance
- The digital design is turned into a lifelike ceramic crown produced in an in-office milling machine
- Your permanent restoration is placed!
Our Lake Orion, MI Dental Office Provides CEREC Same-Day Crowns!
We use CEREC technology to improve the crown placement experience. Physical bite molds are replaced with comfortable digital impressions, and we remove the need for you to use a temporary crown by producing your permanent one at our office! For more about CEREC technology and its impact on your treatment experience, call Lake Orion Family Dentistry in Lake Orion, MI today at 248-693-6213.