At Lake Orion Family Dentistry, we pride ourselves on being a “one-stop dental shop” for our patients. This means that we offer comprehensive dental care for patients of all ages, including but not limited to children’s dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, holistic/”whole-picture” dentistry, restorative dentistry, preventive dentistry and more. Today, Lake Orion, MI dentist Dr. Brad Greenfield wants to discuss one aspect of the care we provide at our family dentist office: cosmetic dentistry, specifically teeth whitening.
Teeth Whitening in Lake Orion, MI
Here are ten little-known facts about teeth whitening.
- Light-colored sodas can stain your teeth just as much as dark-colored sodas.
- Teeth-whitening procedures work best for people with yellow teeth and is less effective for people with brown teeth. If your teeth are gray or purple, tooth bleaching probably won’t work at all.
- Red and white wine, black tea and coffee, and strong-colored sauces (tomato, soy, etc.) are also among the most staining foods.
- Teeth bleaching can be done in a dentist office or at home. Dr. Greenfield offers both services.
- Teeth bleaching won’t whiten porcelain crowns or composite tooth-colored bondings.
- Professional teeth whitening, whether performed in office or at home, will yield better and longer-lasting results than over-the-counter whitening methods.
- Both tooth-whitening options use peroxide-based bleaching agents. At-home systems contain from 3% to 20% peroxide (carbamide or hydrogen peroxides). In-office systems contain from 15% to 43% peroxide.
- Zoom! in office teeth whitening is best for people who want immediate results. After an hour-long bleaching session, your teeth can look up to 10 shades whiter.
- At-home teeth whitening is best for people who wish to whiten their teeth in the privacy of comfort of their own home. Users can expect to see a difference in their smiles in about two weeks.
- Teeth whitening is the most requested and least invasive cosmetic dental procedure.
As mentioned above, Dr. Greenfield offers both Zoom! in office whitening and at-home whitening to our patients. The best way to find out which method is best for you is to reserve a consultation appointment at our Lake Orion, MI dentist office. At this appointment, Dr. Greenfield will work with you to identify your smile goals and design a treatment plan that best fits your unique needs.
About Your Rochester Hills Dentist
Dr. Brad Greenfield works to protect his patients from the dangers of inadequate dental restorations, and he is proud to offer holistic, 100% metal-free dentistry. To learn more, or to schedule a dental appointment, call Lake Orion Family Dentistry today at 248-693-6213. We proudly treat patients in Lake Orion, Auburn Hills, Rochester Hills, Clarkston, Oxford, all surrounding communities.