The best way to enjoy a healthier smile is with routine general dentistry. What may seem like minor treatments, such as checkups and dental cleanings, can actually help avoid the onset of major dental health issues. Make a resolution this New Year to maintain optimal oral health with the latest general dental procedures.
General Dentistry Quiz
- True or False: You need a checkup twice a year.
- True or False: Dental cleanings can help prevent gum disease.
- True or False: Root canal therapy can protect a tooth from extraction.
- True or False: TMJ disorder can cause headaches, jaw pain, and other symptoms.
- True. Along with the American Dental Association, we recommend all patients have their teeth examined at least twice a year. During a checkup, we will look at your teeth and gums for any signs of developing issues. If necessary, we can then recommend treatment before an issue requires more intensive treatment.
- True. In addition to dental exams, you should have your teeth cleaned at least once every six months. However, patients with a high risk of developing periodontal disease may need more frequent cleanings. During a cleaning, we remove all of the plaque from your teeth, which helps protect your smile from dental caries and gum disease.
- True. If a tooth becomes infected or has an abscess, then you will require treatment to avoid extraction. A root canal procedure allows the dentist to remove infected tissues and restore the tooth using a lifelike dental crown.
- True. If your jaw joints become strained, often as a result of bruxism (teeth grinding), injury, malocclusion, or tooth loss, then you may develop TMJ disorder. Without treatment, you can experience difficulty and discomfort when trying to open and close your mouth. There are multiple symptoms, including a popping jaw or chronic headaches.
About Your Lake Orion Dentist
Dr. Brad Greenfield offers our patients access to the latest in holistic dentistry. You can visit Dr. Greenfield’s office in Lake Orion at 248-693-6213 to schedule a dental appointment for a dental implant consultation. We offer comprehensive dentistry services to patients in Lake Orion and surrounding communities.