With several models of mouthguards available, you can now be fitted and get your custom UA mouthguard right here in my office in Lake Orion, Michigan. With all the benefits this high-tech sports equipment offers, I’m surprised that all athletes don’t wear them. Taking a cue from the Ancient Greeks and Viking and Roman warriors who bit down on leather straps for an edge during competitions and battles, Under Armour has discovered how your jaw can actually impact your performance.
- Increases Strength: With improved airflow and less stress from clenching, UA Performance Mouthwear has been proven to increase strength by an average of 17% with the UA Performance Mouthpiece and 12% with the UA Performance Mouthguard.
- Increases Endurance: UA Performance Mouthwear enlarges airway openings, resulting in 25% less lactic acid build-up after 30 minutes of intense exercise.
- Speeds Up Reaction Time: Athletes may respond faster when wearing UA Performance Mouthwear. Clinical trials show an improvement in responding to auditory cues and potential improvement in response to visual clues.
- Reduces Athletic Stress: Excess cortisol causes stress, fatigue, and distraction. UA Performance Mouthwear decreases cortisol production, which means you feel and play better.
- Reduces Impact: When the jaw suffers an impact, energy can be transmitted to the head, which can cause a concussion or other serious injury. UA Performance Mouthguards have been show to reduce G-Force impact of blows to the jaw by up to 20%.
Even if you don’t participate in a contact sport, these mouthguards can help you perform better. It’s been proven for athletes of sports ranging from football, ice hockey, and boxing, to bowling, swimming, and yoga, and everything in between.