As a holistic dentist in Lake Orion, Dr. Greenfield is devoted to patient health and safety. Tomorrow, April 7, is World Health Day, which focuses on the theme that good health adds years to your life. Dr. Greenfield wants to remind you that good dental care and holistic techniques can keep you and your smile healthy for years to come.
Oral-Systemic Health in Lake Orion
Dr. Greenfield practices several techniques to keep all our patients happy and healthy. Here’s how your Lake Orion dentist will treat your mouth and body in the safest way possible:
- Metal-Free: Dr. Greenfield is a strong advocate of holistic dentistry, which means we only use materials that are accepted by your body. At our Lake Orion dentist office, we do not offer amalgam fillings. Because of the risks associated with mercury, including allergies, leakage, and toxicity, we only provide our patients with safe, composite fillings. If you need Dr. Greenfield to remove amalgam fillings, he exercises special precautions so you will be exposed to the least amount of harmful mercury.
- Conservative: When we place composite fillings, we practice our conservative philosophy of leaving as much natural tooth structure in place as possible. Composite fillings bond to your tooth structure, eliminating the risk of leakage, cracking, and shape change.
- Gum Disease Treatment: Dr. Greenfield also helps protect your overall health by helping you prevent and treat gum disease. When bacteria from gum disease enter your bloodstream, you may have an increased risk of stroke, diabetes complications, lung disease, heart disease, dementia, and premature births. To treat gum infections, Dr. Greenfield uses a soft tissue laser. This laser protects your health by promoting quicker healing, and therefore reducing your risk of infection.
- Oral Cancer Screenings: About 35,000 people are diagnosed with oral cancer each year. Dr. Greenfield uses the VELscope system to detect tissue abnormalities before they cause visible problems. Early detection of oral cancer allows for early treatment, which increases your survival rate.
- Health Assessment: Understanding your medical and family health history will help Dr. Greenfield determine your risk of developing certain health conditions.
Your oral health is related to your overall health, so keeping your mouth healthy will contribute to overall wellness. To experience Dr. Greenfield’s holistic techniques in Lake Orion, call Lake Orion Family Dentistry at (248) 693-6213 to request an appointment. We welcome families from Lake Orion, Oxford, Rochester Hills, Clarkston, and surrounding communities.