In order to restore a tooth to full function and beauty, you may require a dental crown. A dental crown can be custom-made from biocompatible materials to ensure a lifelike and holistic restoration. Your .
Lake Orion Dental Crown Quiz
1. True or False: Crowns fit over the visible portion of the tooth.
2. True or False: Crowns aid in tooth replacement.
3. True or False: With CEREC technology, your Lake Orion MI dentist offers same-day crowns.
4. True or False: Crowns look natural.
1. True. The crown acts as a cap, preserving the remaining tooth structure while preventing further decay or infection. Crowns are also esthetically pleasing and designed to provide years of quality restoration. Simply maintain good dental habits and care for your new restoration as you would your natural teeth.
2. True. A dental crown can be used in a variety of procedures, such as restoring a tooth following a root canal. Crowns also help replace missing teeth, anchoring dental bridges into place and topping dental implants.
3. True. CEREC technology allows your Lake Orion MI dentist to take photos of your tooth and create a digital impression. Using the 3D computer image, the CEREC machine will mill the crown from a block of dental ceramic. After checking the fit for comfort and accuracy, Dr. Greenfield will place the crown using a powerful bonding agent. In just one visit, your can obtain a lifelike restoration.
4. True. Each crown will be custom-made, using either traditional or digital impressions. The crowns are made from dental porcelain, a metal-free material that is also strong and stain-resistant. We can even shade the crown to ensure your restoration matches surrounding teeth. To learn more about our natural looking and biocompatible restorations, schedule a consultation with Dr. Greenfield today.
About Brad Greenfield: For patients in Lake Orion, MI and surrounding communities, Dr. Greenfield provides quality caring using the latest in holistic and biocompatible dental procedures. To schedule an appointment, contact Lake Orion Family Dentistry at 248-693-6213.