What happens when you break a tooth or develop a serious cavity? Well, in many cases you will need to receive a dental crown. Don’t worry, this is no longer a procedure that requires multiple visits and an interim period with temporary restorations. With advanced CEREC technology, Dr. Greenfield can place one-visit crowns that look completely lifelike.
CEREC One-Visit Crowns Quiz
- True or False: Crowns address a number of dental problems.
- True or False: CEREC technology allows Dr. Greenfield to place crowns in one visit.
- True or False: Our restorations look completely natural.
- True or False: You may benefit from veneers as well.
- True. We may recommend this treatment to repair a tooth suffering from advanced decay or damage. In addition, this restoration can restore a tooth following root canal therapy. If a patient has missing teeth, we often create this restoration to anchor a dental bridge into place or to top a dental implant. Crowns offer both cosmetic and restorative options.
- True. First, we prepare the tooth by removing a small amount of tooth structure. Then, we will take photographs and impressions, which will be used to create a 3D model. Once uploaded into the CEREC machine, the computer uses the model to fabricate the restoration from a block of ceramic. The entire process can be completed in one sitting.
- True. Ceramic reflects light in a similar manner as tooth enamel. Ceramic also has stain-resistant qualities. The result is a restoration that looks and functions like a natural tooth.
- True. Along with crowns, the CEREC system can be used to create veneers. Porcelain veneers offer complete cosmetic transformation. A thin shell is created that fits over the front of the tooth. This immediately masks a number of esthetic issues.
About your Lake Orion Dentist
Dr. Brad Greenfield offers our patients access to the latest in holistic dentistry. You can visit Dr. Greenfield’s office in Lake Orion at 248-693-6213 to schedule a dental appointment for a dental implant consultation. We offer comprehensive dentistry services to patients in Lake Orion and surrounding communities.