At Lake Orion Family Dentistry, we understand that every member of the family deserves the highest quality dental care. Children, like adults, require routine care to ensure a healthy smile. Many people ask us: “Do you offer children’s dentistry?” In fact, we do offer a caring approach to children’s care.
Lake Orion Children’s Dentistry Quiz
- True or False: A child needs a routine checkup.
- True or False: We can protect teeth with dental sealants.
- True or False: We offer fluoride treatments.
- True or False: We provide resources for kids and parents on our website.
- True. We recommend a child undergo a checkup once every six months. During this visit, we will carefully examine the teeth and gums for signs of any potential problem, including tooth decay, gingivitis, or misalignment. An exam also provides an opportunity for children to become accustomed to seeing the dentist, reducing dental anxiety.
- True. We may place a dental sealant on the molars in the rear of the mouth. These teeth are often difficult for small kids to reach when brushing or flossing. By placing a plastic coating on them food cannot become stuck between teeth. Doing this reduces the risk of cavities forming.
- True. We can provide a fluoride varnish on the teeth, which is a naturally occurring mineral that attracts other minerals to boost the strength of your teeth’s natural defenses.
- True. We believe by educating children and adults we can instill good oral habits and help maintain a lifetime of healthy smiles. On our website we offer a number of resources, including articles, videos, and printable materials for children. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child’s dental care, then please contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR LAKE ORION DENTIST:
Dr. Brad Greenfield and Lake Orion Family Dentistry offers our patients access to the latest in holistic dentistry. You can visit Dr. Greenfield’s office in Lake Orion at 248-693-6213 to schedule a dental appointment for a dental implant consultation. We offer comprehensive dentistry services to patients in Lake Orion and surrounding communities.