Have you ever wondered what it means to receive metal-free dentistry? Perhaps you look around your life and notice that metal makes an appearance in many different aspects of your daily experience – this may cause you to wonder why metal is frowned upon in dentistry and whether you need to avoid it. For a better understanding of our holistic approach to dentistry, we encourage you to take the following quiz – it may answer some of your most pressing questions.
Metal-Free Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: We offer biocompatible materials. Biocompatible means it’s a substance that is completely recyclable.
- True or False: Metal is always dangerous for every one of our patients, which is why we offer metal-free dentistry.
- True or False: We can provide you with treatments just as effective – if not better – without the use of metal.
Dental Quiz Answer Key
- False. Biocompatible is a term we use in our holistic dentistry that simply means our materials will not harm living tissue. Certain restorations, such as mercury-containing metal fillings, have the potential to cause harm to your tissues with toxins – it is important to draw this distinction for a clearer understanding of holistic dental practices.
- False. Metal itself is primarily dangerous only to patients suffering from a metal allergy. However, amalgam fillings, which contain mercury, are often too dangerous for placement for additional patients, including women who are pregnant as well as patients who are very young or elderly. Rather than posing a potential risk to any patient or excluding certain patients, we offer metal-free dentistry to ensure everyone is completely safe and has thorough access to restorative solutions.
- True. Our decision to offer metal-free dentistry does not mean you need to worry about the treatment you will receive. Instead, you will enjoy multiple exceptional benefits with the use of composite fillings. You can also look forward to CEREC one-day ceramic crowns that look beautiful, offer efficient treatment, and are safe for most patients.
ABOUT YOUR LAKE ORION, MI DENTIST:
Dr. Brad Greenfield and Lake Orion Family Dentistry offers our patients access to the latest in holistic dentistry. You can visit Dr. Greenfield’s office in Lake Orion at 248-693-6213 to schedule a dental appointment for a dental implant consultation. We offer comprehensive dentistry services to patients in Lake Orion and surrounding communities.