Do you know what it takes to care for your porcelain veneers? Is this an obstacle that has been keeping you from scheduling time to visit with us about veneers? If so, we suggest you consider some simple details and the following fact: Protecting your veneers will not require any extra effort. Keeping up a beautifully treated smile simply relies on your decision to practice excellent dental hygiene on a daily basis (which is important for your natural smile, too). Allow us to explain.
First, remember that your porcelain veneers are the runners up to your own natural teeth when it comes to strength, so fretting over veneer damage is not necessary. However, making wise choices is always helpful when it comes to keeping your veneers in good condition. Consider the following:
- If you use your teeth too often, try to end the habit – this means stop opening your soda can with your teeth and no more nail biting
- If you suffer from dental disorders that place pressure on your teeth, seek treatment – this may include bruxism or TMD
- Avoid using anything highly abrasive, such as gritty toothpastes or medium- to hard-bristle toothbrushes
Promoting Clean, Dazzling Teeth
Your porcelain veneers are just as strong as they are resistant to stains. Keep in mind, however, that discoloration is still a possibility if you aren’t careful. Maintain a beautiful smile with porcelain veneers with the following:
- Brush your teeth two times a day
- Brush with a soft-bristle brush
- Brush for at least two minutes per session
- Floss once daily
- Rinse your mouth with water after you eat staining foods – then brush after a half hour
ABOUT YOUR LAKE ORION, MI, DENTIST:
At Lake Orion Family Dentistry, Dr. Brad Greenfield works to improve patients’ wellbeing, as well as their oral health, and he is proud to offer holistic, 100% metal-free dentistry. To learn more, or to schedule a dental appointment, call our office in Lake Orion, MI, today at 248-693-6213. We proudly welcome patients and families from around Lake Orion, MI, as well as Auburn Hills, Rochester Hills, Clarkston, Oxford, all surrounding communities.