Do you ever look at your tube of toothpaste and wonder if you’re making the right choice for your dental hygiene? Perhaps you assume all toothpastes are alike and simply reach for an interesting flavor or the cheapest product on the shelf. When it comes to making a good choice for your oral health, it is important to be aware of a few facts. Curious if you’re making wise decisions or if you need a little assistance? Find out with a quick quiz.
Toothpaste Quiz: Making The Right Choice
- True or False: We only suggest toothpaste with fluoride for very young children – otherwise, you don’t have to worry about it.
- True or False: If you want validation that you have chosen a toothpaste that will work well for your oral health, we suggest looking for the ADA Seal of Acceptance on the toothpaste package.
- True or False: It’s not important that you choose a toothpaste you like – it is only important that you choose one that works well.
- False. We suggest fluoridated toothpaste for patients of all ages. Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral that strengthens your teeth and helps protect against tooth decay, which is always a good thing.
- True. If you can identify the ADA seal on your toothpaste package, you will know that the product has been tested for its ability to protect your oral health.
- False. If you do not like the toothpaste you choose, you are more likely to begin dreading your dental hygiene sessions. Try different options, such as paste or gel, and different flavors to find one you enjoy.
ABOUT YOUR LAKE ORION, MI, DENTIST:
At Lake Orion Family Dentistry, Dr. Brad Greenfield works to improve patients’ wellbeing, as well as their oral health, and he is proud to offer holistic, 100% metal-free dentistry. To learn more, or to schedule a dental appointment, call our office in Lake Orion, MI, today at 248-693-6213. We proudly welcome patients and families from around Lake Orion, MI, as well as Auburn Hills, Rochester Hills, Clarkston, Oxford, all surrounding communities.