If we let you know that we see signs of acid erosion on your teeth, something is causing it … but what? When you’re under the impression that you deserve an A+ for your efforts in receiving dental care and practicing it at home, the diagnosis may leave you confused. Fortunately, the possible causes are easy to identify once you’re better educated on them. Make your way through a quiz on the matter, so you gather the info you’re missing.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you are someone who is dealing with acid reflux, this can most definitely be the cause of eroded dental tissue.
- True or False: Many people claim that drinking sodas can cause acid erosion but it isn’t actually a problem unless you drink soda with sugar in it.
- True or False: As long as you get fruit juice that doesn’t have any added sugar, you don’t need to worry about erosion.
- True. You may not realize just how significantly the acids from your stomach can negatively impact your oral health. Acid erosion is a very real problem if you suffer from reflux, which means treatment from your doctor is a must.
- False. All sodas are acidic. Therefore, whether you’re refreshing your taste buds with diet or not, erosion will occur from consistently drinking this beverage.
- False. Most juices are acidic in nature. Just like the soda conundrum, you will find that your only safe bets to avoid erosion are water and milk, so drink with caution.
Keep Acid Erosion At Bay
No need to let acid erosion eat away at your thoughts and your smile. By coming in for an appointment we can help you safeguard your grin. To schedule a visit for in Lake Orion, MI, call Lake Orion Family Dentistry today at 248-693-6213.