If you cannot eat dairy, you may be lamenting the fact that pizza and ice cream are off the table. Beyond the delicious foods you may have to skip, there is something that may be causing you even more concern: This is a main source of calcium and dairy products are generally safe for your oral health. So, now what to do? Are there any options here? Of course, we can help you with this topic through a detail-filled quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If the reason you avoid dairy is because you’re lactose intolerant, it’s possible to find ways around this particular concern.
- True or False: If you avoid dairy for health reasons or lifestyle choices, that doesn’t mean you are out of options for getting a sufficient amount of dairy in your diet.
- True or False: For patients seeking other foods that offer a lot of benefits, such as a high calcium content, without damaging teeth, you have a wealth of options.
- True. Absolutely! Did you know that some foods are lower in lactose than others (such as natural aged cheddar)? Did you know that you can take the lactase enzyme (responsible for digesting lactose) in pill form to aid in effective digestion? It’s true.
- True. Just because you don’t include dairy in your life does not mean you’re going to suffer any consequences. You can still keep your oral health safe and in tip-top condition by maintaining a healthy diet.
- True. You can most definitely get enough vitamins and minerals without dairy. For example, fortified foods, beans, almonds, and kale are all full of calcium.
Seek Out Calcium Options For Your Oral Health
You can ensure you’re getting enough calcium and eating foods that are beneficial for your smile by asking questions of us during your next checkup. To schedule a visit for in Lake Orion, MI, call Lake Orion Family Dentistry today at 248-693-6213.