What’s the skinny on your smile these days? Does it feel perfectly wonderful? Or, have you been noticing that something isn’t the way it used to be but you cannot quite put your finger on it? If part of your problem includes discomfort in or around your face, jaw discomfort, new noises coming from your jaw joints, headaches, or something similar, it might be time to find out if you require an occlusal guard. Haven’t heard of this before but you think therapy for your smile sounds like a welcome suggestion? Gather further details from a quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you are experiencing headaches on a daily basis, it’s worth coming to see us to determine whether it’s related to your dental health.
- True or False: If we suggest occlusal guard therapy for your smile, or oral appliance therapy, this means that you will wear a mouthguard. It’s that simple.
- True or False: TMJ disorder is a problem that affects your oral health by impeding function when your jaw joints stop living up to their ability to move and work without strain. Bruxism, on the other hand, is the chronic movement of your teeth and jaws without doing it intentionally (it’s grinding or clenching).
- True. Patients are often surprised to learn that problems like TMJ disorder and bruxism disorder may results in headaches that we can relieve with occlusal guards.
- True. Mouthguards offer a variety of therapy methods for improving the health of your smile through preventive protection. This is an easy, comfortable, and highly successful mode of addressing functional issues.
- True. These disorders are similar but not identical! Both are treatable. For a diagnosis and for relief, come in for a visit right away.
See Us Soon For Smile Relief
If you’re experiencing jaw, facial, or related discomfort and symptoms, we invite you to schedule a visit with us very soon, so we may detect problems like TMJ disorder and bruxism and provide treatment. To schedule a visit for in Lake Orion, MI, call Lake Orion Family Dentistry today at 248-693-6213.